I made this for my Bother-In-Law and his family. I’m sure it will end up in a place of honor. Here’s the pattern I found. Hopefully, it isn’t stolen from someone. I just found I found my own colors and made the word “destroy” to look a bit like flames.
I used a frame from IKEA. Mostly because I love IKEA and will use any excuse to go to there. I also used some foam core that we had lying around the house and some tiny pins that were called sequin pins.
I cut the foam core to a little bit smaller than the mat in the frame. After I washed and ironed the fabric, I measured out the middle of both the piece and the foam core. While having everything lined up, I used the tiny sequin pins to attach the needlework to the foam core. The pins were inserted all the way around into the edge of the foam – super tedious. I wanted to make sure it was straight, though, so I did a pin or two per side at a time starting in the middle of each side. The fabric needs to be pulled taut in an attempt to prevent wrinkles. This was the first time I have framed anything this way. It was harder than it sounds. Especially the corners. I trimmed a bit there and just tried to get it to lay and fold as flat as possible on the back. Lastly, I taped all the edges down and popped it in the frame!
Framed and ready to go for Christmas!